Sunday, April 12, 2009

Triple thrill Camp

Date : 29th March 2009
Venue : Bhimachi kathi Pinnacle near Kudpan ( On Mum - Goa Highway )

hello there.............

We(Bunty, ravi, nikunj, anish, kinjal, ina, mansi, n me ) had gone for this adventure camp n bot it was some piece of adventure for me........
left factory early so tht I could rest for a while.......left home at arnd 10 30.......bus was to reach Vashi highway by 10 45 n to all our surprise it came on time.......Now since it was to be a adventure camp, the organiser din send in a VOLVO or somethin, instead it was a normal bus :( .......We hopped straight in...n luckkily i got the window seat :)
had a nice session of random talk ( football, work, n han taking each others case, especially bunty's !!!! ) with bunty, nikunj, n anish ( ravi was quite Busy :P )
then nikunj lay flat on entire seat n we three cramped into one......i so wanted to throw him off the bus :P
The journey was a long one.....it almost took five hours......we had brief stop in between, where we had some chicken n chai!!!!!!!
Then we were off......everybody dozed off only for brief spels.......
At 5 AM we reached the foothills of a certain mountain range.......

The ADVENTURE was about to begin....
We were kicked out of our bus.......then we saw a Truck approaching......we were told to get into it.....It was a truck in which you normally see cows, sheeps n buffaloes being transported, n here we were being transported through it to the base camp...the journey was initially very nice coz i dont think many must hav had travelled in a truck before......but then as the journey prolonged it became a pain.....it took us almost an hour to reach base camp.......n the driver transported us safe n sound though a little shaken.....We reached base camp n spread ourselves niceli on the ground.....
had a nice nap til breakfast was ready.....we all had breakfast.....
Then we were divided into 2 grps......we were to do the simpler tasks 1st.....

There was Parallel beam...
we had to walk over it.......it was a test of our balance.......n we all aced it......i was reluctant a bit initially, but then i did it at last......this got me strted.........



Next was Monkey Crawling....
the rope was just some feet above the ground and wit Nikunj's wait it alomst touch the ground......We all did it.......but it needed some effort....Needless to say bunty n ravi were very good at it......They still have some qualities of their Ancestors.......

Then Parallel Ropes...
one group had finished it n we were next in line for it....Ina was to do it first....
But at the same time the organisers were doin some changes with the ropes n had told not to do any tasks, but no one from our grp heard it.......Ina tried to pul herself up using a rope so as to get onto the parallel sopes n fell straight on the ground as the rope which she pulled was loose as the organisers were retyin the Knots.....But after everythin was tied alright we did this one also easily......

Tree Climbing....
Bunty went in 1st....he was at ease with this tree climbing thin !!!!
i tried, but cud not get myself to lift my body over the 1st climb, so i dorpped it......then ravi went n he too did it nicely........n so did Anish.......Here again bunty n ravi made their ancesotrs PROUD :P

Then we were to go for the real thing......We all were gettin ready......
We wore the harness n all......i went to the water tank to just wash my face, n there i slipped n fell ( as always like a log of wood )i hit my head against a rock......n then i became RAMBO......the organiser used everythin he had in his First Aid Kit n put a huge bandage arnd my head........
N after all this we went to the spot where we were to the other tasks.....
The 1st sight of it jus made my jaw drop......I and Nikunj decided to take things as they come........

First we had to Cross a Valley by using a Rope bridge.......Then If at all u wanted to , U cud Rappel down to a spot arnd 200 Feet down from the top and then climb up( Rock Climbing )
I knew i cud do the valley crossing n the rappeling but was not too sure i cud do Rock Climbing....
We strted with Valley Crossing...Bunty Went ahead so tht he cud capture us on camera......Then we all followed......But to add a twist to it all ......we had ppl coming in the opposite direction when we were crossing....So in the middle of no where we had bend and turn n let the paasers by go......n all this on a 1 INCH rope.......U shud hav seen MANSI...she was adamant tht she wud go alone on the bridge and no one shud come the other way......even Nikunj was of the same idea.....But finally everybody had to do some crossin in between the bridge.....
The Initiall steps for me were the most difficult.....the points where u had to place ur foot were far.....But as I went to the Center the Distance reduced and in the end i did it fairly easily :D:D:D


Then was the time for the real decision making......If i wanted to rapell down i had to do the rock climbing also.....Butny n Ravi Advised me AGAINST it.....But u Noe me.....I was like I wil give it a try ( Whick repented later )
I was to go last.....I rappelled down with no grace at all.....brushing the rocks wherever possible.....N i reached the spot where we were to stop before we strted our ROCK CLMBING.....I was given the diff route up....I fared well initially but then i slipped and was thrown some 15 to 20 feet off my track....I tried in vain to go up but i cudnt.......PPL above tried to pull me up but tht also failed.....so I went back to the resting spot.....Rested there for a while and took the simpler track.......These ppl had all got along with the instructors n were pulling me up.....But I Must say i also climbed a fair bit on my own....N i m happy for tht....In the end when i climbed up i was exhausted completely.....It was 1 PM n the sun was at its hotest best........I was deep fried...I had a MUD pack all over me.....I was brown to say the least.......I came up n sat under the tree.....After arnd 15 Mins we crossed the valley again.....
We went back to the base Camp....N washed ourselves n had some good lunch......n rested there till our favourite TRUCK appeared.......It was a 1st for everyone....We were all waiting for a TRUCK to come.....N the return journey was same as the journey which brought us here.....I slept lik a log throughout.........We were back at Vashi by 9......
The Adventur had Ended.....

No comments:

Post a Comment